Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to 2009!!!

Hello 2009!! God is so good! He bestows upon us so many blessings that we can't even count them all! He protects us from things we know not of! Hallelujiah! Even when there's no money in the bank and not much food in the pantry, God is still good! Even when our health is not good and our mood is down, God is still good! God allows things to happen in our lives that we don't understand for our good.....He is giving us a chance to become closer to Him and increase our faith. These times are definitely hard but well worth it if it brings us nearer to Him. Like it says in the Bible, give thanks in all things.....ALL things!

I look back on 2008 and see the death of my grandmother in early December, financial troubles, worrying about the right way to raise our adopted daughter, me quitting my job, and beginning to homeschool my daughter. Many things have changed over this year, but God has been with us through each and every one.

As far as resolutions this year, I just ask that God will help me to be a better me. I want to be a better Christian in reading my Bible more, praying more, and witnessing more. I want to be a better wife to my husband -- to make more dinners at home, to kiss him more when he comes home from work, to have a clean house, to have the laundry done, to have Sunday clothes clean and ironed and ready for Sunday, to do the grocery shopping more, to handle our finances better, to work a part-time job at home during the night, and to continue to support him in his many ministries he's involved in at church. I want to be a better mom to my daughter -- to be patient, to be more understanding, to be more loving, to discipline her lovingly, and to correctly correct her. I want to be a better daughter -- to go see my mom more and help her do things she can't do. I want to be a better sister -- to call my sisters more and be there for them. I want to be a better friend -- to send cards when friends are sick or if they're feeling down, to call them more and find out what's going on in their lives, and to not be so wrapped up in my own life. I want to be a better me -- to lose weight so I can go places and do things with my family that I've never been able to do. I want to be a better Sherri.

There are many things I want to be and do this year. With God's help, I can do them all.

I Philippians 4:13 -- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I urge everyone to look over this past year and see how you can be a better you, and with God's help, you can! God bless!

3 comments:

  1. I love you baby sister! What a sweet post. You are the best baby sister ever! As we are nearing the close of 2014, may we all be a "better us"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Information sharing.I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.Top Five Graphic Cards for Gamers

    ReplyDelete